Friday 2 May 2014

Trilogy Certified Organic Rosehip Oil



I' m finally back with a review of the Trilogy Certified Organic Rosehip Oil. 
It's about time I'd say as I promised you this review months ago. So here goes.

I bought the Trilogy Rosehip Oil a few months ago when winter was still in full swing and my skin was in dire need of some additional pampering. 
I first came across rosehip oil in general when I was looking for a product to help me fade my red spot marks which make my skin look much worse than it actually is.
After reading some reviews I ordered the Trilogy Rosehip Oil from Feel Unique for about 20€.
I opted for the smaller bottle (20ml) because I wasn't entirely convinced that a skin oil would be the right product for my combination to oily skin.



The oil comes in a little brown bottle with a pipette which makes the product very easy to handle. But then again, how else would you package oil?!

I mainly use it in the evening rather than in the morning as I find that it makes me look a bit shiny afterwards. I usually apply three drops either directly to my face or to my hands and then distribute it evenly on my face. I was pleasantly surprised about how nice and smooth it feels on my skin. I expected it to feel much more greasy than it does and it doesn't sit too long on the skin either but sinks in fairly quickly. I also like using it after I get out of the shower when my face usually feels rather tight from all the water and cleansing products.

 It is great at moisturising my dry areas as well as balancing my oily chin and forehead. It also didn't break me out at all which in my book is a massive plus (my skin is a right diva at times).

As for the reduction of spot marks like they claim on the packaging, I must admit that I'm not too sure about that. Yes my scars have faded ever so slightly but this might as well be the usual healing process of my skin so unfortunately I have no miracles to report on this end.

The last thing I want to mention is what the oil smells like. When I read other reviews about it, before I bought it, some people claimed that it had a slightly fishy smell to it. After using it for quite some time and giving it a good old sniff too I can't confirm this. To me the smell is mainly herbal and not very strong and I only really smell it when I sniff the bottle. I don't notice much of a smell once it is on my face either.

All in all I'm rather pleased with this product and I'll definitely repurchase it.

I hope this review helped you and you enjoyed this post.

Have you tried rosehip oil yet and what are your experiences with it?

Julie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment