Wednesday 7 August 2013

July Favourites 2013



Wow July has gone by so quickly hasn't it. It's been great here in Germany for the most part as the weather was super hot and sunny which I liked (although I sometimes wished I had a swimming pool nearby to just quickly hop in to cool off a bit).
There have been quite a few products I love in the past month and I thought I'd share them with you :-)


Schwarzkopf Gliss Kur Ultimate Oil Elixir Express-Repair-Conditioner:

I recently picked this up as I was looking for some help with my extremely dry and strawy hair. I like using it both on my wet hair as well as in between washes on dry hair in an attempt to make look a bit more smooth and make it feel nicer. I really like the spray because it is a no-fuss product that I can easily apply and that gives me instant results. I know this won't repair my hair at all though but I didn't expect that anyway. Overall I really like it and I would definitely repurchase it.


L'Oreal Hair Expertise Ever Rich/ Ever Riche Intense Hair Mask:

I bought this hair mask shortly after I bought the spray- in conditioner above to help me nourish my hair even more. I use it about 2-3 times a week instead of my usual conditioner and I love the smoothness is gives to my hair. I won't say too much about it though as I posted a review on that right here. :-)


Real Techniques Powder and Blush Brush:

These two beautiful make up brushes are my absolute favourite. My lovely friend Alice from Pretty Wonderful sent them to me as a gift, amongst other things ,and I really love them. They are super soft and very good quality in my opinion and since they aren't available in Germany I was over the moon when I received them. <3
Please make sure to check out Alice's fab Blog and Youtube channel too as she does great posts and videos and is a lovely girl on top of that :-)


Rimmel Day 2 Night Mascara:

This mascara was another gift from Alice and I started liking it a lot over the past month. Depending on which of the two lids you unscrew the brush has more or less product on it (at least I think thats the trick behind it ;-)) and therefore can create length or volume. I like the two different options and appreciate that it doesn't make my lashes look clumpy either. Again Rimmel is another Brand thats not available in Germany (anymore) so I will try and not use it too often so that I won't use it up too quickly.



Essie Mademoiselle:

I love Essie Nailpolishes so when I was looking for a neutral, elegant and quite natural shade I reached for Essies Mademoiselle as I've heard a lot of people liking it. As with most Essie nailpolishes it is easy to apply, dries fairly quickly and lasts on my nails a fair amount of days. I noticed though that it seems to be slightly more flexible and soft than other colours as I noticed that it doesn't chip off but rather developes little sticky up bits that can be easily pulled of (if that makes sense?!). I still like it though and have worn it a lot during the past month. I think it might be a good colour for upcoming job interviews too as it is very subtle.


Annemarie Börlind Natural Beauty After Sun Soothing Lotion:

My mum gave this after sun lotion to me some time last month and I like that it smells very nice and fresh and isn't too sticky either. I keep it in my fridge so that it is extra refreshing after a day out in the sun. It is rather pricey as it can be between 10- 15 Euros but thats mainly because it is natural cosmetics and they are usually more expensive than normal drugsstore products.


La Roche Posay Effaclar K:

After trying the Effaclar Duo Creme for some time now, I went straight back to this one as my night cream because I think it just has a much better effect on my skin. I tend to use it only once a day (mostly at night) since it can be a bit too drying if I use it too much but overall I really like it. I only wish it was a little bit cheaper than 12-14 Euros for 30ml.

So these were my July Favourites.

I hope you enjoyed them.

Have a nice day :-) xx


2 comments:

  1. Just stumbled upon your blog must say you have a nice blog. :) check mine sometimes.

    http://samrasbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I will definitely check out yours too :-)

    ReplyDelete